Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy Friends


My friend Dana started a blog! Yay!!! You'll have to visit her over at Dana's House of Cards. Welcome to the fun world of blogging Dae!

I made this card for her, not because she started a blog, but because she's my BFF. We used to live 45 minutes apart but now we're two time zones apart. Thankfully though, we both have unlimited North American phone plans so we still talk just as often. LOL! It's wonderful having a friend like her and I wanted to let her know that. 

The Elzybells 'Holding hands' image and SU sentiment were stamped with versamark and embossed with black detail powder. I like the shine the embossing gives. I coloured the girls with copics. I added shimmer with my Stardust pen to both the image and as a border around the white rectangle, directly on the Taken with Teal layer. That little bit of bling really adds a lot. 

The green background is Kiwi Kiss, with a piece of striped October Afternoon paper. I zig-zagged around the edge with my Janome Sew Mini. 

I picked up the pretty felt flowers and button on one of my many trips to my LSS, Right at Home Scrapbooking. The three dots down the left side are bonbons from Stamping Bella.

Don't forget to let your best friends know how much they mean to you!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

5 comments:

Janet said...

i am sure she will love it:) happy new year:)

Nancy Riley said...

The colors you used for this card are AWESOME! Your coloring is so professional! GREAT job!

I put Dana's blog in my google reader so I won't miss anything!

Dana White said...

The card is in my stamp room - good thing we have our phone plans or I don't know what I would do without my BFF!

Leslie said...

Awwwww, you two are so cute! Love the colours Karen - another beautiful card.

Charlene Austin said...

Dana started a blog??? OMG...I didn't know. I am so going to check it out now!!!