Monday, December 22, 2008

A Little Tree just for Leslie

So, I know I said I'd be moving on from Christmas cards, but I can't seem to tear myself away from them. This Elzy image has been stamped for a few weeks now (since Dec 6th actually), just waiting patiently for colour. And, Leslie asked for more Christmas cards, so I'm happy to oblige.  :)

The layout for this card is from Lauren Meader's Saturday Sketch. I flipped the sketch to make it work. This would also make a fabulous scrapbook page layout.

The Elzybells image, Girls with Tree, was stamped with Memento black onto Gina K pure luxury. I bet you can guess what comes next...LOL! Right...I coloured it with copics...surprise!  :)   You can't see it in the photo but I added a little sparkle with my Stardust pen to both the image and also to the patterned paper. 

The card base is Gina K 12olb white with a layer of Imaginisce Snowy Jo - Snow Soiree. The floral patterned paper is also from Imaginisce Snowy Jo, Santa's Secret Garden. I used my corner rounder on all the panels. 

For accents, I used my very first ghost flower!!! Oh my...they're super fun and I have no idea why I waited so long to use one (probably has to do with the 'hoarding' problem I have!). The ghost flower is Heidi Swapp's Gel Blossoms. I layered it with a Prima and tied on a button with SU silver cord. 

I seem to be in a groove with cards that don't have a sentiment on the front, but I don't find the cards are missing anything. How about you...do you like making cards without sentiments? I'm curious if I'm the only one out there so let me know how you like to build your cards. :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

2 comments:

Leslie said...

For me?! I'm so touched. I love Elzybells and those girls are so cute. Beautiful my friend - thank you for making another Christmas card just for me:) The ghost flower is very cool too - never heard of those. Oh, the things I'm learning from your fabulous blog!

Stamp and Smile said...

So adorable! I love the design lay-out, colors and fun idea with the flower and buttons. I enjoy cards w/o a sentiment also and try to balance my cards out. Groups of 3 “WOW's” is what I shoot for. But sometimes it doesn't work out... HE! I'll be back to visit again soon... :)