Saturday, February 7, 2009

Bling-alicious Cupcake




Get your sunglasses...this card is pretty shiny, shimmery, and blingy!!! I must be in a glitzy mood or something. Really though, who doesn't love bling? The layout is for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge #54

I stamped one of the cupcakes from the MFT set It's a Cupcake Kind of Day with Memento black onto Gina K pure luxury. 
I paper pieced with the 6x6 Basic Grey Bittersweet paper and coloured the rest with markers. I cut out the image with my Labels Two nesties and layered it onto some Chocolate Chip. I had to try out my new Summer Collection Adornments from MFT so I added the rose colour as a border around the image. Next I put pink Stickles on the frosting then added crystal effects to the cherry, which is popped on a dimensional. 

For the card base I used 12x12 Basic Grey Bittersweet patterned paper, layered on chocolate chip. There's a strip of pink under the chocolate ribbon and I finished it off with a Prima hydrangea embellishment and a super sparkly button by Chatter Box, the Artsy.licious line. 

I think we're heading out to purchase Rock Band today. I'm kind of obsessed with it now after playing last weekend (it was set up in the hospitality room at the hotel). I sat down to play the drums and actually rocked the song, Wanted Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi, on my first try. Who knew I had an inner drummer just waiting to escape! The people we were with call it the anti-alzheimers activity cause it works your hand-eye coordination. So really, medically speaking, we need it.    :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

8 comments:

Leslie said...

Delish! That sparkly button looks just so juicy and good enough to eat. How cool that you and your BFF, Dana, used the same layout from Taylor's Cupcake Challenge. You two are SO in sync!

Kerry Johnson said...

Gorgeous card!! I love all the bling around your nestie!

Janet said...

guess what we are doing when i come??? I have guitar hero...rock band is next!! :)
Oh and i love your card ;) bling rocks!!

Heather P. said...

So pretty!

Ida said...

Oh my what a Delicious looking card. Love everything about it. First time visiting your blog but certainly not the last time!

Kathryn said...

YUMMY -- the card is so CUTE -- love all the shimmer!! :)

Sonia said...

Your card is GORGEOUS!! Love all the sparkle and bling!

I am so with you and the need to purchase the game! LOL I have been actively pushing for us to buy the Wii, but so far DH hasn't bitten.

Now that you've confirmed what I've already suspected (that it's a medical necessity), I may be able to convince him and tell him my reasons are because Karen said so! Bwa ha ha ha

scramptastic said...

that card is just absolutely gorgeous!! I love it all.