Sunday, March 8, 2009

Wish Big Cupcake!


It's so much fun to be stamping with my BFF Dana! We're having a fabulous time together here in Calgary.  :)

This is the card I created today. It combines two challenges: Taylor's Cupcake Challenge #58 and the inspiration piece on my friend Janet's Corrosive Challenge blog from Challenge #2, which just went up today. 

The cupcake image is from the SU hostess set Darling Dots. It's stamped with Pink Pirouette ink onto white. The center image was stamped onto pink pirouette cardstock. For the center cupcake I stamped it twice, once with Rose Red and once with Kiwi Kiss, then cut it out and popped it. I used the ticket corner punch on four of the squares and added some green rhinestones to the corners. I finished off the center image with a pink rhinestone. 

The sentiment is from Short and Sweet. I combined some punches, did a little piercing and layered it onto Kiwi satin ribbon. I love how quickly this card came together...grids are always fun to work with!

Don't forget I still have  a blog candy contest on til 8PM EST today on this post

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

12 comments:

Janet said...

how cool is this card??? love it:) thanks for playing:)
hugs

Christyne said...

Super cute Karen!

Joan Ottevanger said...

This is a cool way to combine several challenges very cute

Susan (coffeeforme) said...

This is so cute. I love how you used the cupcakes and the center one pops out. Love it.

Emily said...

"leaving behind doggie and my fella" Love your card! Have a great time in Calgary.

Denise Marzec said...

Adorable!

Beth aka BR-T said...

This is a great card and your blinged out popped up cupcake is awesome! BR-T

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! I love the cupcake and the ribbon, too.
Vanja

Anne said...

What a great card

Anonymous said...

how are you enjoying the snow?? I live in Airdrie just 20 minutes north of Calgary. Enjoy your time with your friend!

Melissa Craig said...

You did a fabulous job with the colors! Your card is great! Thanks for playing along.

Anonymous said...

Did you make this here??? Don't you love snow days...NOT!!! Enough of the snow! What a time for you to come...but is suppose to get better! Love the card!