Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A MoJo Manly Man's Card

Today I'd like to show you another of the fabulous 'manly' images from Stamping Bella.
If a TV and remote doesn't scream 'man' (in a deep, husky voice of course!) then I don't know my man very well...LOL! I used the MoJo Monday sketch for the layout, which, by the way, is also one of the challenges on Stampin' Out Alzheimers. So after I link to the MoJo blog, I'm heading over the SOA to upload my card there and enter it in the MoJo sketch challenge


I started by stamping the Funky TV Circle with Memento Tuxedo Black and I coloured it with copics. I chose some manly papers by Pebbles Inc. and pulled the colours from the paper. I added a layer of crystal effects to the TV screen. I love the retro look of this TV. The Stamping Bella circle images like this one are designed to fit perfectly within the Marvy Super Jumbo circle punch (the blue 2" one) then I layered it onto a circle Nestabilities.  

The card base is white followed by a layer of Basic Grey. I used a border punch on some Sahara Sand and tucked that piece under the green polka dot paper. Some grey grosgrain ribbon and four olive brads are the perfect embellishments. I stamped the sentiment, Chill Out, directly onto the polka dot paper. I love love LOVE that this card can have multiple uses, just by stamping another sentiment on the inside. It could be for Father's Day, or a manly birthday, or retirement, or even just as is, to  send to my dad to remind him he still needs to take it easy (eventhough he feels great) as he's recovering from his surgery last month.  :)


So, have you been over to play at Stampin' Out Alzheimer's? I'm having a blast creating for all the challenges. There's definitely more than enough to keep anyone busy for the week. I'll have another SOA creation to show you tomorrow. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

8 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

That's a fantastic card! I love your use of crystal effects. I'd like to know more about where I can get some and how to use it.

Jenn said...

Great man card Karen! I really love all the pattern in this card...it flows perfectly! :)

Janet said...

you are so good at the manly cards!! love it!
hugs

Miche said...

Another great card my oh so talented friend!! the colours are fabulous..Great "guy" card!!

Ann Kranitz said...

You have to stop making so many cute cards with bella stamps. My wish list is getting longer and longer!!

Unknown said...

FABULOUS!
(can you hear me yelling from my house?)

Leslie said...

Cool - LOVE the crystal effects on the TV screen!

Emily said...

You are the Queen of manly cards Karen! Amazing!