Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Three Little Trees

I love the bright happy colours of this patterned paper by Bo Bunny and I thought it was perfect with the Three Little Trees image from Stamping Bella. I still can't believe I haven't missed a week of making one Christmas card since I started back in February. I actually look forward to making them now. The only thing I'm getting tired of is my stash of Christmas papers...so I was pretty excited to find this line at my LSS a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure it's not a new line for the store, but it's new to my stash.  :)

I stamped the trees (they come as one image) with Memento Tuxedo black and coloured them with copics. I stamped the middle tree a second time, cut it out and popped it for some dimension. I used my new Labels Three Nestabilities to cut out the image and rather than matting it I decided to shade in the background with E41 but I left a white border so it stands out against the background. I don't have the copic airbrush system so I worked in circles to cover the background. I was going for an uneven look...more suede-like, I think. I added Crystal Stickles for some sparkle on the middle tree and the snow line. 

The background papers are Bo Bunny Holiday Cheer, which I sewed together before tying the hot pink twill. The Merry Christmas sentiment is also from Stamping Bella. I didn't have any ghost snowflakes so I used my Spellbinders Snowflake Wonder Shapeabilities die cuts to create an accent. I'm still waffling on this one...to me it kinda looks like the steering wheel on a ship, but it'll have to do. I blinged out the center of the with a 5mm Fuschia Bella Bonbon...Ha, take that Mr. Steering Wheel...Have you ever seen a steering wheel with such a pretty center...LOL!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen 

5 comments:

Janet said...

such a great card, the colours rock!! good job making christmas cards, i am proud of you :)
hugs

Shannan Teubner said...

This is so cute, Karen! I love it!

Jenn said...

Very cute! Those trees go perfect with your paper! Love it!

Emily said...

Oooo, I love the colors and paper on this one Karen! I even love your "steering wheel snowflake":))
Great job coloring that background in too.

Leslie said...

Okay ladies, I have held this card in my hot little hand and the picture doesn't do it justice - it's beautiful. The shading with the E41 is outstanding!