Tuesday, June 23, 2009

So Glad We're Friends!

Here's a card I made using Jen's Sketch For You To Try. I'm still looking for sunshine here in New England so this is another card with fun bright colours.

The image and sentiment are from the Whipper Snapper set Sending Happy Thoughts. Anna Wight's illustrations are all soooo adorable! I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Snow White and coloured it with copics. I stamped the bird a second time, coloured him, cut him out and popped him for dimension. The image is cut out with circle Nestabilities and layered onto a scallop square also cut with Nestabilities.

The patterned papers are from My Mind's Eye Just Dreamy 2 Dazzling line and the solid papers are various shades of Prism cardstock. The white card base is 5.25 inches square...see, another square card...I'm lovin' square cards! I stitched a zig-zag around the edges of the green and yellow layers for a little more whimsy.
 

You can't see it in the photo but I added some Christmas Red Stickles to the centers of all the white flowers on the patterned paper...totally cute!!! I made a banner for the sentiment. I think this is my favourite thing to do for sentiments! The green button is SU and the red ric rac added just the right touch. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

Love it! I wouldn't have thought to use that blue, but it works great here!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, do I ever love this! I was THRILLED to find it in my mailbox! Eeeks! Its adorable Karen and its a little bit of sunshine for me on another RAINY DAY! Yuck!

You're the best!

Janet said...

omg this is soooooooooooo cute! i love it:) Lets hope for some sunshine, its been sooooooo nice here:)
hugs

Leslie said...

That's cute - lovely bright colours and yes, I think those banners are your signature now! You want sunshine? Move back here - it's a glorious week!!!!

Patricia Garcia said...

Love this turtle and birdie, Thanks for showing what colors you used that really helps!!

pat said...

Another fabulous card!!

Kylah Marro said...

Great card!!! Love the brightness of it!!! Hopefully we will have some sun today Karen!!!!

~amy~ said...

Love this...the colors are fabulous!!