Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Thinking of You, SU only...



Well, just about SU only, aside from the Nestabilities and the Cuttlebug folder. But this is about as SUO as I get nowadays.

I think this is the first time ever that I've completed the weekly Splitcoast Sketch Challenge on the day it's issued. This layout is SC242. When I saw the sketch I thought it would be perfect for Trendy Trees. The tree is inked with chocolate chip and kiwi kiss then I stamped the sentiment in riding hood red. I just can't seem to give up these colours...yum!

The patterned paper is Bella Rose. I ran some pink pirouette through my birds and swirls Cuttlebug folder before layering it onto the white card base. Everything is layered on chocolate chip and I did my fun loopy ribbon treatment with the riding hood red ribbon then attached a kiwi corduroy button. Two chocolate brads finished it off nicely.

I have lots to do today (running around and stamping), getting ready for friends to arrive for a weekend visit.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

10 comments:

Karen Giron said...

Wowzers!!! This is gorgeous! LOVE Trendy Trees :)

Jackie Pedro said...

Karen, this is FANTASTIC! Love the colors!! GREAT card!

Janet said...

wow such a great card!! have a great weekend:)
hugs

Helen said...

REALLY nice - I can't wait to get my hands on this stamp set! Keep 'em coming... give me something to CASE in October please!

Lisa Foster said...

This is totally adorable! Love the colors!

Jody Morrow said...

I love this card! Very pretty!

Denise Marzec said...

Sooooo pretty!

Ann Kranitz said...

This is so beautiful. I love the stamp with the Bella Rose paper also!!!

Norine said...

so pretty
Hugs
Norine

Silke Ledlow said...

Fabulous take on the Sketch - love this card :)!!! Hugs ~S~