Saturday, August 15, 2009

Whimsical Birthday Wishes

I {heart} this adorable floppy dog from the Beary Special set at Taylored Expressions and I thought he'd be perfect for Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge, TESC78.


I started by stamping the hat then masked it and stamped the dog, all with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Snow White. Then I stamped the hat and present (both from Beary Special Accessories) onto a scrap of Choice Snow White because I knew I'd be cutting them out. I was about to reach for my copics and then I saw my Lyra pencils (because they're out on display on my desk now, thanks to the sweet handbag tidy I altered...you can see it here) and decided to colour everything with my pencils, OMS and a stump. The hat is popped on foam tape for dimension and I added liquid applique for the pompom. The image is cut out with deckle rectangle Nestabilities.

I layered Prism Suede Brown Dark and Frosted Teal onto the white card base then added some polka dot paper from the My Mind's Eye Delighted line. Next I wrapped some orange polytwill and tied a bow then secured the present to the bow with a white jump ring. I finised the card with three Multicolour Twinkles on the left side.


I'd like to remind you that Beary Special and Beary Special Accessories are the charitable sets for this quarter's TE Giving Tree. Proceeds from the sale of these two sets until August 31st will benefit Sick Kids Hospital. You'll still be able to purchase the sets after August 31st, but then the TE Giving Tree will be focussing on another charitable organization, so if you want to help benefit a wonderful children's hospital, pick up your sets before the end of August.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

5 comments:

Janet said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww so cute!!!!!!!!! i bought this set, i need to use it!
hugs

Jennipher Lowery said...

So Adorable!!!

Emily said...

Cute, cute, cute to the enth degree!!! Love the colors and all things popped, of course:))) I loved your pencil holder too!

Banu said...

WOW, very nice card. Loved it.

Charlene said...

Awwwe I just love the dog and the hanging present! Soooo cute!! :)