Thursday, November 5, 2009

Taylored Expressions Release Day-Celebrate Life

It's release day at Taylored Expressions so that means you can go shopping and fill your cart with all the fabulous items the Baker's Dozen have been showcasing the past couple of days. But before you head over to the TE Store we have one more stamp set to share, Celebrate Life. This beautiful set has soooo much potential. The images and sentiments are appropriate for so many occasions and events throughout the year.
For my card today I paired Celebrate Life with the September 20th Key Ingredients and used Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge, MTSC46, for the layout. This card came together quite quickly because I chose to work with some of the bold image stamps in this set. I started by stamping the swirly stem with Memento Rich Cocoa onto Choice Buttercream then stamped the flower with really rust. The image is cut out with oval Nestabilities and layered onto a scallop oval of Prism Suede Brown Dark. I added some Multicolour Twinkles to the flower for a little sparkle.
The Buttercream card base is 5.25 inches square. I layered the light blue patterned paper (it's the reverse side of the strip of patterned paper) with Prism Desert Coral Dark and stitched it to a square of Suede Brown Dark. See those little dot circles around the buttons? Well that's another stamp from the set...the buttons are hiding the middle of the stamp but I really like how it creates a frame around the buttons. I added a bit of sparkle to the sentiment too by dotting the "i" with a Multicolour Twinkle. I really love the simplicity of this card.

Taylor is offering a fabulous Super Size It Bundle with super size savings for those who want it all!
I'm excited to see what the rest of the Baker's Dozen have created with Celebrate Life.
and Jami Sibley is playing along today.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen


16 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

Holy FLIPTASTIC!!! You ROCK ROCK ROCK my sweet friend!!! LOVE the dotted circle stamps under the buttons! I would NEVER have thought to do that! You are SOOOOO smart! LOVE everything about this!!

Denise Marzec said...

BEAUUUUUUUTIFUL! I love the bling on the dandelion...gonna HAFTA try that!

Dawn Easton said...

Karen, this is BEAUTIFUL! I love those colours and the added bling is perfect on that image!!!

Jami said...

So rich and beautiful! Love the circled buttons and the bits of tiny bling!!!!

Danni said...

This is fantastic!!

Dana White said...

Simly stunning my friend! Love the image & sentiment

Sharon Harnist said...

Karen, I love the bling on the flower (and the stamps you used together)! I never would have thought to use the little circle stamp around buttons ... pure genius! Beautiful card!!

Jackie Pedro said...

Like everyone I LOVE the circle stamp around the buttons! GORGEOUS card, Karen!!

Sankari W. said...

OMGosh --- SOOO lovely!!! I love the way you did the flower and the stamps that you chose to use together -- SOOOO awesome my friend - you totally rocked the colors and sentiment!!! beautiful!!!
Sending you big hugs!
Sankari :)

Karen Giron said...

I'm having a major "why didn't I think of that?" moment! Love the swirl for a stem - that gorgeous!!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Gorgeous card Karen! Love love the little twinkles, your fabulous colour combo and the way you used the stamps...so creative!

Unknown said...

karen...this is gorgeous! love this color combo, and those buttons with the dotted circles around them are perfect for the sketch! also love the rhinestones on the image!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you did a fabulous job! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Anonymous said...

Very lovely, I really like this new set!

Janet said...

this is sooooooo pretty!
hugs

Unknown said...

Beautiful beautiful card Karen!
Viv xx

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is just gorgeous, Karen!