Sunday, December 20, 2009

December 20th Key Ingredients from Taylored Expressions

It's time for the December 2oth Key Ingredients release from Taylored Expressions! With it being so close to Christmas (it's only 5 days away!!!), Taylor challenged us to create gift packaging ideas. Well that's a perfect challenge for me because I needed to 'wrap up' some gift cards.

I saw some adorable gift card holder stockings on Denise's blog last week and I couldn't resist making some of my own. Claire was kind enough to post the template here on Splitcoast. I put my own little spin on the stocking template though, adding a coin envelope to house the gift card and attaching Basic Grey magnets to keep the stocking closed. I needed to make one masculine stocking for my mail man...can you guess which one is for him?!?  :)





I wanted to include a little something homemade with each gift card though so I whipped up a batch of Seasoned Nuts (recipe is at the end of this post) that my friend Sylvie made for me a couple of times...YUM! I did some simple packaging for the nuts by creating a coordinating bag topper for each Stocking. I used my Labels Nine Nestabilities to cut out the toppers and added some ribbon from the December 20th Key Ingredients. Then I cut out a tag using Tags 5  and stamped Warmest Wishes from A Year Of Sweet Sentiments onto Choice Buttercream then attached it to the tag.








The December 20th Key Ingredients includes patterned papers from My Mind's Eye Ooh La La line...definitely not a specific Christmas pattern but the colour combo, papers, and accessories still work beautifully for non-traditional packaging!!!

Taylored Expressions offers a monthly charge program for the Key Ingredients subscriptions so you aren't out of pocket for future kits. And subscribers receive their kits at a discounted price for both the 3 month and 6 month subscriptions. There are plenty more benefits to being a Key Ingredients subscriber too, like a store discount, early kit shipping, free storage box and much more!

Now let's go see what the rest of the Baker's Dozen gals have cooked up with the December 20th Key Ingredients.
Dawn Easton
Jackie Pedro
Laurie Schmidlin
Sankari Wegman
and Taylor VanBruggen


Seasoned Nuts

For every 1 1/2 cups of raw nuts (I used peanuts, cashews, pecans, almonds and brazil nuts).
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp celery salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper

Make a paste with the Worcestershire sauce and spices. Add nuts and toss to coat. Spread nuts onto cookie sheet and bake at 325 for 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool completely before packaging.


Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

16 comments:

Sankari W. said...

GET OUT with the cuteness Karen!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE each stocking and the little nuts to go with it - and can't wait to try your recipe!!! TLOVE the textures of the stockings and the cute way you embellished it!!! it is very Oh La La Lovely!!!
Big hugs!!!
Sankari :)

Taylor said...

Well you already know what I think about these...they are ADORABLE!! The inside gift card holder is genius! Your recipients are going to love them! And your seasoned nuts sound yuuummmy!

Jackie Pedro said...

I am going to make some of these gift holders this week! They are just too adorable! Those nuts sound YUMMY!

Denise Marzec said...

I LOOOOVE your spin on the stocking card holder...the magnet with the coin envelope is SOOOO clever!! Love the scallop edges too. BEAUTIFUL!....and you're totally making me want to go make MORE of these, lol! :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Karen - these are totally cute...and so addictive - LOL!!! Glad you had a chance to make them!!! I think these fun & bright colors are rockin'!!!

Merry Christmas!!! Hugs ~S~

Dawn Easton said...

Karen, your stockings are so flippin' cute!!! Love the fun papers and the little bag of nuts to go with them! YUM! TFS!

Kit said...

These little gift card holders are lovely. I really want to give them a go and those nuts look scrummy may have to give the recipe a go also :o)

Leeci said...

OMgosh....these are over the top AWESOME! I love these, and the colors are right up my alley! I love bright and fun and cheerful, and and these definitely are! Thanks so much for sharing these, along with the link to the pattern and the recipe for the nuts (yummy!).
Leeci

Margaret de Witt said...

These are so adorable Karen. What a neat idea and I love the coordinating nut gift bag. I was hoping to make homemade gifts this year but I think I've run out of time.

Jodi Collins said...

These are utterly FABULOUS Karen! I hope I can squeeze some of these in my crafty schedule before Christmas! FANTABULOUS!

Donna Baker said...

what a sweet little gift! I totally need to try those nuts-I love salty snacks-yum! TFS

sgreeniaus said...

Hi Karen,

Nice job as always!
Hope the girls like the seasonned nuts!
Sylvie

The Spotted Chick said...

You're SO smart!! What a GREAT gift idea. Oooh-oooh, I want one!!!

Anonymous said...

Look at the amazing work you did, the bright colours rock!

Annie said...

awww, these are so darling!

Mary J said...

I am sooo jealous - I want one! Fab job!