Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Little Stamping Time








Three more sleeps til Christmas...wooo hoooooo!!!! This is my absolute favourite holiday of the year!!! I've managed to squeak out a little stamping time during the busy time leading up to Christmas. So in honour of my stamping time I reached for Crafty Cuppie for today's card. The layout is SC259 from Splitcoast.

I absolutely LOVE the colours in the December 20th Key Ingredients...they're so me! So that's what I reached for to create this card. Every single supply I used on this card (except the sewing) is in the December 20th Key Ingredients.


I started by stamping Cuppie with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream then I cut it out with rectangle Nestabilities. I coloured the image with copics, paper pieced Cuppie's apron, and went over the jar of glitter with my clear Glaze pen. I pierced around the edges with my Tim Holtz ruler (LOVE that thing!) to make the image pop a little then layered in onto a scallop rectangle of Prism Baby Pink Medium.

The rest of the card is just layers of paper from the December 20th Key Ingredients with a little stitching thrown in for whimsy. Oh, and my beloved Apron Lace punch too! The pink Candy dots add another fun touch...I keep wanting to eat one they look so yummy! LOL! I used the smallest size in my Labels Trio to cut out the sentiment...it's the perfect size for tucking just about anywhere on a card.

Ok...time's up...I'm off to do more pre-Christmas running around. That's not to say I have a bunch of errands and shopping to do, but I consider all the house stuff running around too!

Thanks for taking a minute out of your busy day to stop by!
Karen

4 comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

OMGOSH Karen I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!! The colors are so bright and adorable and OH MY your coloring is rockstar quality! GORGEOUS card!

Dina said...

Karen this is just delightful!!! I love the layout and all the colors! Very cute image and your coloring is great! The stiching is the perfect little touch!

Leslie said...

Cute! I have the new Tim Holtz ruler too! Haven't used it yet, but I have it :) Great shading with your copics, my friend!

Danni said...

This is just fabulous!! Love it! That set is so cute..on my ever growing wishlist! LOL!
Awesome job!