Thursday, December 24, 2009

Quick Holiday Packaging


I have a quick packaging project to share with you today. I had some Peppermint Bark that I was giving to my chiropractor and her secretary and I wanted a cute package to put it in because they know I'm a crafty gal.

I started with clear pails that I picked up at Taylored Expressions then I quickly embellished them with patterned papers from my stash. I jazzed them up with my apron lace punch and added a couple layered of ribbon. Then I used my Bow Easy to tie the green bows and attached a button to each with linen thread. The paper decoration is about 1.75 inches high...I wanted to leave quite a bit of the pail uncovered so the yummy bark would show through.

For the top I punched a red circle with my Giga Marvy circle punch, then layered the patterned paper, punched with my Mega Marvy circle punch. I coloured the chipboard snowflake with a green copic before running it through my Sticker Maker to coat it with adhesive. Then I covered it with green glitter and tied on another button. Fun, quick and easy!!!

They loved the containers (and the contents) and best of all, they can reuse them for gifting another small item or a gift card.   :)

Wishing you a VERY happy holiday season!!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Cute. Merry Christmas to you, my friend!

Jackie Pedro said...

DARLING, Karen! Oh, and yummy, too!! Merry Christmas!!!

Jess Willison said...

So cute! What a great idea! Merry Christmas!

Stamp and Smile said...

What FUN colors and that ribbon is PERFECT... you have an amazing talent for them! (I'm bow challanged.. Ha!) Happy New Year!!

wrapping supplies said...

These are all very frugal and great packaging ideas and are very useful in holiday packaging.