Monday, March 1, 2010

Izzie's Birthday Balloons

I can't believe it's already March! Where does the time go...my goodness. Another month means more birthdays and I still haven't "grown" my stash of birthday cards, so I thought I'd start the month on the right foot with a birthday card.

This sweet image, Izzie Has Balloons, was part of the most recent release from Stamping Bella and she arrived at my doorstep last week. I stamped Izzie with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Bella's Bestest Paper and coloured her with copics. I added a little sparkle to her hat and the lollipop with my red Spica glitter pen. I used this week's Mojo128 layout for the sketch but turned it into a square card to accommodate the tall image.

The balloons are paper pieced with patterned papers from my Cosmo Cricket Material Girl 6x6 mini deck and the solid balloon is Prism blush red medium. I ran the square of island mist light through my Moroccan Screen Cuttlebug folder before stitching it to the so saffron layer. For the sentiment I inked each word separately, stamped them, then punched them out. I finished the card with a couple of pearl Baubles.

This week's Bellarific Friday Challenge is "Polka Dots-big or small we love them all" so I hope you'll play along! Email your submission to Em by Thursday evening to be included in the weekly Friday round-up.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

8 comments:

Ebru Vatansever said...

I love this card, the balloons are just so cute...
Thanks for your inspiration.

Leslie said...

Sweet! I really like how you did the embossing folder - clever.

Ann Kranitz said...

So cute Karen.....love your take on the MOJO sketch!!

Margaret de Witt said...

There is something about your style that I just love Karen.
This card is really fantastic.

Kim Harper said...

Great job Karen, your card is just darling. The embossing folder added just the right depth!

Alex said...

Adorable card Karen, I love the embossing! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Dina said...

Karen this is too cute! I love the colors and the sketch looks great! Izzie is very cute and i love her paper pieced balloons. That CB embossed background is great!!

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

Love all the details on your card. Great take on that sketch.