Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sweet Sunday Hammock

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch, SSSC74. You'll find the sketch on Karen Giron's blog The Sweetest Thing.

Yesterday when I sat down to make this card the weather was absolutely gorgeous...sunny, hot, nice breeze but not humid...a perfect day. All I wanted to do was get outside, so as soon as I was done making this card I sat out on the deck to type up this post. I love having a laptop and wireless internet! :)

Given the beautiful weather, I reached for my Hangin' Out at the Beach set from Taylored Expressions. The hammock is paper pieced and the tree was already coloured (leftover from a previous project) so I don't have a photo of copic markers...sorry. But I did use Memento Tuxedo Black to stamp the hammock and the sentiment. I used my June Key Ingredients for all the supplies on the card except the three gold Tiny Twinkles and the border punch I used is the open scallop.

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your project on Karen's blog. Now let's go see what the other Sweet Sunday Stampers came up with.
Jen Tapler
Laura Fredrickson
Lynn Put
Nancy Riley
Sarah-Jane Kale'
Vicki Burdick 
and Karen Giron

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

8 comments:

Sue U said...

Love this card! Great colours and it all works perfectly. I wanna be in that hammock under a palm tree!! :-) Sue xx

chris said...

Hi Karen
wow wee, this is heavenly, I adore it.
hugs chris xx

Leslie said...

That is the perfect card for the perfect weather you (and us?we?I?) are having! Love your colouring on the treet!

Vicki Burdick said...

Amazing card Karen, so cool!!!

Stacey Schafer said...

love this, Karen! you captured such a fun yet relaxing feel:)

Unknown said...

Super fun, cute and cheery card Karen!! :)

Jodi Collins said...

LOOOOVE this Karen! The papers are SO fun and summery!!!

Jen Tapler said...

Oh my goodness girl!! Soooo cute! You know that palm tree is right up my alley!! LOL. LOVE this!