Friday, June 18, 2010

You Shouldn't Have...

I needed a thank you card that's long overdue and I wanted to post a Bella today because it's Friday, and eventhough Bellarific Friday Challenges don't resume until next week, it just feels weird not posting a Bella on Friday! So I reached for sweet Henrietta...she's part of the fabulous Lulu collection from Stamping Bella and she includes the sentiment too (which reads "you shouldn't have" on the inside of the card).

I stamped Henrietta with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Bella's Bestest Paper then coloured her with copics. You know how much I love my Spica glitter pens so I added black sparkle to parts of her dress with my Pitch Black Spica pen. Then I glossed up her lovely up-do with my black Glaze pen before cutting her out with Petite Oval Nestabilities. The layout is a Splitcoast sketch from a couple of weeks ago, SC283, but I used an oval for my image panel instead of a rectangle.

The patterned paper is My Mind's Eye Quite Contrary and I paired it with Prism intense kiwi, frosted pink and intense pink. I ran the white layer through my swiss dots Cuttlebug folder for a little dimension before stitching it down. The border punch I used is Martha Stewart layered arches and I added a little rhinestone between each arch for some bling. I finished the card with some pink ribbon from my stash and I pleated it instead of just adhering it flat. My friend Jackie does this all the time and I love the look!

Here's the sketch for next week's Bellarific Friday challenge so you can play along this weekend if you haven't already got your card done. Email a picture of your card to Em by next Thursday to be included in the Friday round-up on Bloggabella.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

5 comments:

chris said...

Hi Karen its just quite simply PERFECT.
hugs chris xx

Christine aka The Stampin' Ninja said...

Hello Miss Karen,

I'm not sure that I've ever posted a comment on your blog before (I'm here, stalking, often though! ;0) but I just HAD to say something this morning! That card is... I can't even come up with a good enough word! That card is phenomenal! I LOVE everything about it! The pleated pink ribbon, the image (your coloring blows me away!), LOVE the sentiment, and that overlapping scallop border punch - I am going to run out and buy that today! (You should mention that to Martha - you deserve the commissions of my sale!) Where do you buy your stick on bling? I'm always on the lookout for good stick on bling. Thanks for sharing and inspiring as always!
Sincerely, Christine aka The Stampin' Ninja

Danni said...

Oh my goodness is this ever darling!! I just love everything about it!

Janet said...

awwwwwwwww what a sweetie!!
hugs

Leslie said...

LOVE your card! So pretty, so girly, so sweet and the saying matches Henrietta perfectly! LOVE that MS punch and all the little rhinestones you added!!!