Wednesday, July 21, 2010

25th Anniversary Card

We were back home in Canada last weekend for my brother-in-laws 25th anniversary party and it was SO much fun! They were married in the 80's (obviously!) so the entire party had an 80's theme. Us ahem-older folks were singing along to all the songs and the kids had no clue what the music was!!! It was kinda funny!!

When I saw the new Banner Day Die-namics from MFT I knew I needed it for their card. You know when you see something and you know exactly what you want to do with it? Well, I could see this card in my mind so clearly and I love how it turned out. Best of all, with Kim's super quick shipping my order arrived in plenty of time to whip up this card before I headed to the border last Wednesday...woo hoo! Thanks again Kim!!!

I wanted to incorporate silver into the card because it's their 25th, and I paired it with blues for two reasons...it looks great with silver and my sister-in-law likes blue (her eyes are such a pretty blue it's crazy!). I used patterned papers from an SU paper pack, Urban Garden (I think that's the name). The letters on the banner are from the MFT set Banner Day Alphabet (which I almost didn't order because I thought I already had an alphabet that would work with the banner Die-namics, but I'm so glad I did order it because it's THE perfect size!!). I covered some chipboard numbers and die-cut letters (for the "th") with silver glitter, wrapped some silver cord around the card and called it done!

Totally by coincidence, I just checked out the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club challenge on Splitcoast and it's to use a banner...sweet!!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

3 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

SUPER fun Saucy! LOVE the colors and the banner ROCKS!!!

paula tracy williamson said...

omg...I LOVE banners and flags...this is super cool sister!

Anonymous said...

OMG I am totally casing this!!! Love it Captain Motz!