Thursday, November 18, 2010

Friendship is a Blessing

Welcome to the Taylored Expressions Blast from the Past customer blog hop for November. The theme for this month's hop is Autumn/Thankful, and I'm thankful for all my wonderful friends, so I decided to make a friendship card with a fall colour scheme.

I used the fun sketch that Sankari put together for this months hop because it just seemed to fit perfectly with the vision I had for this card. The images are from Branching Out and Branching Out Coordinates...my very first Taylored Expressions stamp sets and still some of my faves.

I stamped the branch with Memento Rich Cocoa onto Choice Buttercream then stamped the leaves with fall colours of Colorbox Chalk Ink, but I added the sentiment in black to make it pop. The tire swing was stamped on a separate piece of Buttercream, coloured with two grey copic markers then cut out. I stitched the main panel to some suede brown dark and when I placed the tire swing into position I decided to cut away the middle to reveal the herbal garden medium cardstock underneath. I used my scalloped eyelet border die along the bottom edge of the green layer then added some orange Tiny Twinkles between each scallop. The orange patterned paper is from my Crate Paper Restoration Collection pad and that perfect little bow was done with my bow easy.

I know there's plenty more for you to see on the hop so I won't hold you up any longer. Have fun!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

18 comments:

Cassie said...

I love this, Karen! Beautiful :D

Joan Ervin said...

What warm, rich colors and I love how you used the little tire swing as the sketch circle...tooo cute!!!

Regina Mangum said...

Karen, this is elegant and gorgeous and the stitching is divine! XOXO

Peggy said...

Gorgeous card! Love the tire swing!

Unknown said...

This is so wonderful, Karen!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Oh my gosh, I am falling in love with that great tire swing LOL!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Karen. Great images, colors... love the stitching and the gorgeous ribbon. :o)

Melody said...

Beautiful colors. The swing is such a cute touch.

Dana White said...

Fantastic fall colours my friend

Cyd said...

These colors are so wonderful - I can tell you put a great deal of thought into everything about this card. Very pretty!

Ashley Newell said...

Super cute card! I love the tire swing!

Taylor said...

Super cute, Karen! I love how you made the tire swing the circle element on the sketch! Clever, clever!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

What a great card--I especially like your scallop border with the twinkles inbetween!

Chris L.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Karen, this is ADORABLE! I LOVE how that swing comes down over the ribbon a bit. . .so cute!

Leslie said...

I'm thankful for you too, my friend! Your bow could not be more perfect!!

Anonymous said...

Very cute, such a clean look!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is fabulous! Love your fall colours and papers and you rocked the sketch!

Margaret de Witt said...

Hi Karen, I love this card. I'm going to have to pull this stamp set out, dust it off and ink it up.
Thanks for the inspiration.