Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Nancy!!!!!!

Today we're doing a special birthday blog hop for Nancy McKinney. It's your special day Nancy so sit back and enjoy the hop!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I've been friends with Nancy since 2005, when we worked together at a scrapbooking store, and although we don't live near each other anymore, we still get together for a Starbucks when I'm home visiting. Nancy illustrates the Whimsical Wishes line of stamps for Taylored Expressions so I decided to use a set that she illustrated...Sweet Occasions. The image is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Snow White and coloured with copics. I paper pieced the orange frame around the image using patterned paper from KI's Paisley Parade collection. I added green sparkle to the letters with my Spica glitter pen and made the cherry shiny with my clear glaze pen. I used my open scallop border punch along the bottom of the card and added some crystal Twinkles for sparkle, then I used one of the shapes from garden party blooms dies for the flower.

I know you'll have fun hopping along and be sure to head over to Nancy's blog to wish her happy birthday.

Next you're off to see what the very talented Regina Mangum created.

Just in case you get lost, here's a list of all the hoppers:

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Karen

18 comments:

Janet said...

this is awesome! love it:)
hugs

Leslie said...

I love this cheery/cherry :) birthday card! Cute!

Nancy said...

Thanks, Karen! What a way to start my day!! ;)

Regina Mangum said...

Karen, this is DARLING! I love the coloring and the paper-pieced frame is so CUTE!

Alex Maldonado said...

oooohh aren't you the sweetest thing!! LOVE love the ice cream gorgeous! :-)

Taylor said...

This is super cute, Karen! Love the cheerful colors and the fun flower embellishment!

Karen Giron said...

Super cute, Karen! Love the scallop flower with the button and your gorgeous coloring!

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE this Karen! I haven't used this set in ages! LOVE your coloring and layout!!!

Danni said...

Super fun!! Love the bright colors!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This card is SO bright and colorful! What an awesome bday hop for Nancy and WHY haven't I been here in so long?!?!? You have been a BUSY girl! I'm excited to catch up :)

Donna Baker said...

yummy yummy to Nancy's tummy!

Dana White said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet (and not because it's ice cream!!) Is one of those peanut butter chocolate chunk? You know I won't get it again until I come & visit!!

Carolina said...

What an adorable card - love this yummy dessert with the paper...too cute!!!

Kathy Martin said...

Such a YUMMY card! :)

Monique said...

What a Yummy birthday card :)..Great work!!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is wonderful, Karen!! You colored the image beautifully and I LOVE the dp!!!

Melissa Sauls said...

Absolutely adorable card Karen! I just want to eat that ice cream right up....align with that super yummy cherry! Thanks so much for spearheading this....you rock!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a delicious card! I'm sure Nancy will LOVE it!