Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sweet Sunday Hugs

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSS92. You'll find the sketch on Karen Giron's blog The Sweetest Thing.

I was very excited when I saw this layout because right away I knew I'd be using my lacey squares Nestabilities (for the first time...). Woo Hoo!!! LOVE them!!! Wait, I'm getting ahead of myself...I'll start at the beginning of the card.

I looked through my stash of MFT stamps (newly rearranged and organized by my BFF Dana while she was here visiting...thanks Day!) and decided to use Bunch of Blooms from the Pure Innocence line. She's so adorable holding the little bouquet of flowers and I know just the person I'm going to send this to...someone who needs a little something to make them smile these days. I stamped the PI girls with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Snow White and coloured her with copics. I added sparkle with pink and red spica glitter pens then adhered a few crystal Twinkles. The patterned paper is from my Basic Grey Urban Pairie 6x6 pad...I still love this paper but it was at the bottom of the pile and I'd forgotten about it. My paper's all been rearranged though (thanks again to Dana...isn't she THE best!?!).

I used my jumbo scallop die-namic on some intense kiwi then pleated yellow satin ribbon overtop. The flower accent is a combination of felt and cardstock cut out with the flower trio die-namic. I deviated a little from the sketch with the green strip but I'd already sewn together the pink and lacey Nesties layers before I realized the horizontal strip was supposed to be between them...doh!

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now let's go see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created.
Jen Tapler - she's taken this week off but please stop by and leave her some love.
Joanne Basile
Laura Fredrickson
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kale'
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

12 comments:

chris said...

Hi Karen, wow this is so blooming cute, love it.
hugs chris xx

Lynn Put said...

Darling card Karen! Do you have a die to cut these cute Pure Innocence images out because it sure looks like it :). I love the pleated ribbon, jumbo scallops and sweet image!

PS I just saw the new profile picture, great shot!

Vicki Burdick said...

Super cute Karen, love your new nestie scallop!!!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is DARLING, Karen!!! LOVE the fun colors!! Can Dana come to my house and organize my stamps? LOL

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

THis is just so sweet, Karen! I LOVE that ruffled ribbon and the flower. What an adorable card!

Janet said...

OMG how cute!! Does Dana just come over a few times a year to organize your stamp room ;) lol
hugs

Kathy Martin said...

Darling! :)

Leslie said...

OMG, she is absolutely fantastically gorgeous! I love the layout and the ribbon and the flower and the scallops...yup, LOVE it all! I heard Dana 'sorted' your room out - what fun :)

Dana White said...

Oh she is so sweet - I really need to ink up my PI girls! Miss ya but it is nice to be home :)

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

OMG!!! How adorable!! These little PI girls are GORGEOUS and I can see about to cost me a little bit of money!!..

Another BEAUTIFUL card.

xx Sarah

Monique said...

Awwe this is so cute Karen!! I love the color combo and your ribbon treatment!! Just adorable!!

Karen Giron said...

This is so adorable!! I just love how you cut her out to make her stand out against the paper - so sweet! GMTA with these little cute images!