Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hugs {MFTWSC5}

It's time to get sketchy with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club! Sketch #5 is a fun one (well frankly they're all fun...I adore sketches!) so I hope you'll play along. You just might win a gift certificate to the MFT Boutique if you do!

I used the mirror image of the sketch and went with yet another Pure Innocence girl today, With all my Heart. I just can't seem to stop using them! They're all so incredibly sweet!!!

She's stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with copics. I paper pieced her dress with one of the patterns from the Doodlebug Sweet Love collection and added a layer of sparkle to the heart with my red Spica glitter pen. I used my faux crochet border die-namic on the strip of pink and the larger of the mini rolled roses die-namics with some white felt to create the flower accent. The leaves from flower trio die-namics seemed like the perfect place to add the little sentiment. I just love how this turned out...if I do say so myself!

Here are all the details on the sketch challenge:

There's a prize each week for one participant, chosen at random. You may use any stamps and supplies that you wish. Each week a keyword is assigned to the sketch, and this week's keyword is MFTWSC5. All you need to do to enter is upload your card to the gallery at Splitcoast and enter the given keyword in the keyword box during the upload process. After the deadline (noon Eastern on Tuesday) we randomly choose a winner from that week's entries and the winner will receive a $15 gift voucher. If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the participant will earn a $5 bonus, for a total of a $20 gift voucher!
Be sure to head over to Kim's Blog to view the entire list of design team participants...there's plenty of inspiration for you with today's sketch!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

18 comments:

Cheryl said...

I just can't get over all the creativity that goes into everyone's creations!

StampOwl said...

what a sweetie

Rose said...

Very sweet card, beautiful coloring, love the colors and the little flower. Beautiful work.

Ann Kranitz said...

Ok I am so lame because I CANNOT get my rolled roses to look like this. They come out all wonky!!! Love this card.

Dawn Easton said...

This is so flippin' sweet girl! Love the rolled rose you added too! Fabulous!

Kim O'Connell said...

Wow! I can't get over all the details on this card and the colos are beautiful! Just awesome!

Laura Pryor said...

AWESOME! Love the placement of the sentiment! Genius!

Anonymous said...

I love this one, the paper you used for her is perfect! And your heart glittered, wicked!

Leslie said...

Okay, now you know I'd love this cause it's a PI girl but OMGoodness, she's just SO lovely! Love the heart all sparkly and the rosette and the stitching {be patient Leslie, soon, soon! :)} and the 'mirror' image - why don't I think of these things? Just gorgeous!!!

Monique said...

Seriously adorable Karen..Oh I love the bold flower PP..:)

Barbara said...

A-DOR-a-ble, Karen! I love the happy colors!

Jodi Collins said...

GORGEOUSNESS Saucy! LOVE the PI girl you used, your coloring and that amazing rolled rose!!

Dana White said...

Oh my friend she is so SWEET - the paper pieced dress is so cute

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is SO ADORABLE!! Love it!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Wicked SWEET!

Jackie Pedro said...

Could this be ANY CUTER? NO WAY, Jose!!! Darling, Karen!!

Eva said...

Karen, this is soooo sweet! I adore your papers, the sweet border and your stitching!!!

Julie said...

So stinkin' cute! I just how all the colors pop!