Sunday, April 8, 2012

Sweet Sunday Lollipop

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC156.


I opted to switch out the shape of the focal panel to fit my sweet Pure Innocence Lollipop girl from My Favorite Things.

She's stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with copic markers. I paper pieced her dress and added a few coats of clear glaze pen to both the lollipop and her hair barrette. I cut out the image with the oval STAX 1 Die-namics and layered it onto some Hot Fudge card stock which I cut out using the oval open scallop doily Die-namics. The fishtail flags STAX Die-namics were perfect for cutting out the three Blue Raspberry panels then I embossed them with the swiss dots folder. I accented the horizontal strip with some white scallops which I cut out using the small scallop border Die-namics, then I added some sour apple ribbon above the patterned paper (which is from the My Mind's Eye Life of the Party 6x6 pad).

On the inside I used three sizes of fishtail flags STAX Die-namics to cut out the accents then stamped the sentiment.


I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to hop around and see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers came up with.
Dana White
Denise Marzec <-------superstar guest designer
Jen Tapler
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kalé (she's off this week)
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Here are the Die-namics I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

8 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous papers and I love the black matting!! I need to remember to do that more...it really makes the whole thing pop. Love the inside with the fishtail stax....oh yeah, I DEFINITELY need to add those to my "need it" list. Too cool!

Vicki Burdick said...

Super sweet Karen, I love those PI's and this one is adorable with her shiny lollipop!!

Happy Easter my sweet friend!!

Lynn Put said...

This is adorable Karen! I know I've written it before but you always add the best details to your cards, just like this one with the rhinestones around the mat, the paper piecing, the stitching and glossy lollipop! It all looks fantastic!

Leslie said...

That is sweetness all around! From the dress to the lollipop to the inside with those fab fishtail dies!! Love it!

Dana White said...

oh she is sweet> her paper pieced dress is perfect

Karen Giron said...

She is SO adorable! I love her little lollipop and the touch of bling on the scallops is perfect!

Teresa Zuehls said...

Cute card! Love the shiny lollipop. Looks so yummy. TFS and have a wonderful weekend.

Shannon White said...

Miss Karen she is sooo Adorable! 8-) Your coloring is just Awesome & I Love her shiny lollipop! Super dp's too! Just Love it! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon