Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sweet Sunday Wishes

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC158.

I used Pure Innocence Presents for You from MFT and created card #16 for Project Christmas 2012. I slacked a little the past couple of weeks so I'm trying to get back on the Christmas card wagon.

The image was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with copic markers. I used some white liquid appliqué on her hat and glossed up her buttons and the heart with my clear glaze pen. I cut her out and popped her on the white embossed circle. I used my Circle STAX 1 and Circle STAX 2 Die-namics to cut out the layers then stitched them together. The Fishtail Flags STAX were perfect for cutting out the vertical strip from Wild Cherry card stock. The patterned paper is from the Echo Park Winter Park collection.

I used my Let it Snowflake Die-namics and the Button Quartet Die-namics for the snowflake embellishment. I used Sno Cone card stock for the light blue snowflake.

I kept the inside super simple, which helps keep this card nice and flat for mailing.


I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created.
Dana White
Erica Cerwin <------ superstar guest designer
Jen Tapler
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kalé
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Here are the Die-namics I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

13 comments:

Inge Groot said...

Gorgeous card Karen, love all the bling, the dotted background, the fab coloring and that fun snowflake!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh she's cute!!! Thanks for the reminder about working on Xmas stuff. It's NEVER too early to start ;)

You know, I don't think I own this image?! ack! Must change that next order ;) Thanks for inspiring me, Karen!

Karen Giron said...

LOVE her! Love the embossed background and the little button die. So super sweet, Karen - I love your Christmas cards through the year.

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is gorgeous. Love your color choice.

Vicki Burdick said...

OMG!! Your little PI girl is fabulous!! Your coloring always makes me swoon!!! Love the fishtail for the side element and all the fun bling!!!! Another amazing Christmas card!! You ROCK!!!!

Leslie said...

Denise and I :) both love this card! Denise particularly liked your shading, your sewing and the swiss dots background!

Dana White said...

Oh she is so cute - the snowflake with the button die is perfect

Lyndal said...

This is gorgeous Karen - love the "snow" and the snowflake :)

Lynn Put said...

Fabulous card Karen! Love the bold red and blue colors, your wonderful coloring and the layered snowflakes with die cut button!

Michele Boyer said...

SO cute! I admire your drive to work on Christmas cards. That might be my least favorite holiday (for cards). Weird, I know.

Teresa Zuehls said...

Really cute card and take on the sketch! Love the how you stamped the image on the inside of the card too. TFS

Jodi Collins said...

She is one of my FAVORITE PI's and I LOVE how you've colored her!!!

Shannon White said...

OMGoodness! She's such a Cutie Karen! Love everything about your Darling Christmas card! Love the Sweet image, you wonderful coloring , the fab embossed circle and the Sweet layered snowflake too! Should really take your example and start my Christmas cards! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon