Saturday, July 7, 2012

Best Friend

It's a new month and that means a new Sketch For You To Try (SFYTT) from Jen del Muro. MFT is sponsoring this month's sketch and I'm playing along today with the Sketch Crew to help get your creative juices flowing.

I used Complimentary Greetings from My Favorite Things and let the sentiment take center stage. I realize now that the card is all finished that I messed up a little on the sketch by making my horizontal panel go all the way across the card. Oops!


I used patterned papers from the My Mind's Eye Howdy Doody paper pad along with Fossil, Sweet Tooth and papaya. The Little Open Scallop Strip Die-namics was perfect for adding the pretty white edge along the top of the horizontal panel and I dotted it with rhinestones for a little bling. I used the Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics and cut out two sizes from patterned paper for the vertical element.

I used the Circle 1 STAX and Circle 2 STAX Die-namics to cut out the main focal point and layered more patterned paper and rhinestones. Then I created a pretty white daisy (which mimics the daisies in the patterned paper) using the Upsy Daisy Die-namics and a button tied with twine. The leaves were cut from Sour Apple felt.

On the inside I let a pretty piece of patterned paper speak for itself and simply stamped another sentiment from Complimentary Greetings.

Hop over to Jen's blog for all the contest details and I hope you'll play along this month.

Here are the Die-namics I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

7 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Oh I love your pretty card! So many lovely details....rhinestones, flowers, stitching, embossing, and so much more! So beautiful!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so beautiful, love teh great dp and colors and you used with this months sketch!

Leslie said...

Just beautiful! Truly!

Teresa Zuehls said...

Karen your card is so beautiful and a great take on the sketch! So much attention to the details...gemstones, buttons, bows and such lovely texture. TFS

Michele Boyer said...

So pretty! I love the embossed kraft!

Shannon White said...

LOVE this Karen! So Pretty and Cheery all at the same time! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Amy Sheffer said...

Oh my gosh, Karen, this is soooo gorgeous and very striking! Love seeing your take on the SFYTT!