Monday, February 25, 2013

Sending Smiles

My card today was created for the Love Fest day 10 challenge "In Love with Colour",  to use a colour combo of aqua, brown and yellow. The layout is FTL229 from the Clean and Simple blog.


I pulled out supplies from My Favorite Things, including the stamp set, Inspired By Up, Up and Away. I started with a  card base of Whip Cream then added a layer of Blu Raspberry and another layer of Whip Cream.

For the main panel I cut a piece of Kraft cardstock to size then used the Postage Border Die-namics to cut out the Hot Fudge strip along the bottom. I used the Up, Up and Away Die-namics to cut out the two balloons from Whip Cream cardstock then I stamped the images with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured them with copic markers. I popped the smaller balloon on foam tape for dimension.

Then I stamped the sentiment using Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink. The space above the sentiment was too empty so I used the Flat-Bottom Cloud Die-namics to cut out a piece of text paper from the Authentique Summer collection.

On the inside I stamped the large balloon again then added another sentiment from Inspired By Up, Up and Away.

You still have until Feb 28th at noon to upload any Love Fest creations to Splitcoast in order to be eligible for the fabulous prizes. Here's a link to the main Love Fest thread with all the challenges.

Here are the supplies I used


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

1 comment:

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Karen! Love the beautiful hot air balloons! Thanks for the enabling :)