Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Thinking of You

My card today combines two Splitcoast challenges, the Love Fest day 8 inspiration challenge and the new Mix-Ability mixed media challenge MIX4 (to use water and a water soluble medium).

I'm a total mixed media newbie and I've been lurking around the Mix-Ability forum for a few days, checking it all out, watching the fabulous video tutorials they've put together, contemplating jumping in, running away instead, then going back to check it out again. But when I saw the MIX4 challenge I knew it was a good one for me to start with.


I started with a good piece of water colour paper then I pulled out my Distress Markers and scribbled a few colours onto my splat mat (referring to the Love Fest day 8 inspiration challenge to choose my colours). I used a water brush to pick up the colours and created this watercolour background. I dried it with my heat tool (because I'm not patient enough to wait for it to dry) then I stamped the image from Inspired by the Beach using Ranger Archival Ink in jet black. I knew I'd be tweaking my watercolouring just a bit along the beach so I used an ink that's permanent and waterproof. Then I went back and added more sand along the water line. I used  a dark brown marker to colour the chairs once the paper was dry again.

I mounted the watercolour paper onto a Hot Fudge Panel and chose a sentiment from Inspired by Flowers #1. I stamped the sentiment with Versamark ink and embossed it with vanilla powder. I cut out the Sea Charms Die-namics from Kraft cardstock and tied the shell in place using Hemp Cord and a Natural button. The card base is Whip Cream.

I really want to be sitting in one of those chairs right about now! LOL!

Here are the supplies I used:



Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

5 comments:

Colleen Begley said...

Well this is pretty darn gorgeous! Looks like your a pro already after one try.

Sharon Roselli said...

This is awesome! I so want to be on that beach too!will haver to try this myself.

Leslie said...

Beautiful - reminds me of where I was three weeks ago! Such a distant memory now :(

Dana White said...

Oh my friend this is beautiful

Karen Giron said...

GASP!! I need to be there! This is gorgeous!!! LOVE the sunset/rise and the beautiful sea. Just perfect.