Thursday, March 21, 2013

50 - Your Special Day

I have a fun milestone birthday card to share today, using the current Guest Designer Sketch Challenge for My Favorite Things. I'm hoping to inspire you to play along, if you haven't already, because the prize is AMAZING!!! Read all the details in THIS THREAD and get creating!


I used à la modes Big Birthday Numbers for the sparkly focal point. I stamped the numbers onto pink polka dot paper from the Simple Stories Snap Color Vibe collection, using Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink, then cut them out. I stamped the same numbers a second time onto Sweet Tooth and cut them out, then adhered the polka dot numbers to the Sweet Tooth numbers for added stability. I knew I'd be giving them a thick coating of glossy accents and I didn't want them to warp. At the last minute I threw some glitter onto the numbers while the glossy accents was still wet. They're so sparkly in real life, and for some reason they're reading more orange in the photo, but they're not in real life.

For the flag accents I used the Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics to cut out a striped flag and a Razzle Berry flag, then tucked them under the main panel.

I added a piece of Kraft cardstock, as per the sketch, then used the Party Banner Die-namics to cut out the Razzle Berry banner. The sentiment is from the On the Line set and I curved it to follow the curve of the banner.

On the inside I stamped another sentiment from On the Line using Razzle Berry Premium Dye Ink. I love how cheerful and pink this card is!

Have fun with this month's sketch!

Here are the supplies I used:



Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

1 comment:

wendy said...

fantastic, love the sparkle!