Tuesday, May 7, 2013

It's a Good Day and Birthday Wishes

It's finally time to shop for the new products from My Favorite Things. You'll find it all in the Brand Spankin' New section of the MFT Boutique.

The design team has a little more inspiration for you though with a recap of all the new products. I worked with the Vertical Frame Die-namics and created two cards.

My first card uses the Vertical Frame Die-namics just the way it is, using both pieces of the frame.


I started with a Sweet Tooth card base then added a layer Black Licorice. Then I created my own patterned paper on a layer of Sweet Tooth. I used the new Mini Chicken Wire Stencil and sponged it with Lemon Drop Premium Dye Ink two thirds of the way down the paper. Then I chose the zig zag stamp from the Spring Backgrounds and stamped it along the bottom third using Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink. I used the Dotted Scallop Border Trio Die-namics to cut out the Berrylicious scallop to divide the two patterns.

For the main panel I used the Vertical Frame Die-namics to cut out a frame from Kraft and Black Licorice card stock. I stamped the sentiment from Chalkboard Greetings (which is the Triple Scoop stamp set for this release) with versamark and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. Then I rubbed a little white chalk ink around the sentiment to make it look more like a chalkboard.

At the top I added a Berrylicious button tied with Hemp Cord.

**********
For my next card I only used the inner panel of the Vertical Frame Die-namics and I shortened it by running it through my Vagabond machine again after first cutting it out, letting a little of it hang over the edge of the die so it would be cut off.

I started with a Sweet Tooth card base again then added a layer of Kraft.


I used the Distressed Background Blocks stamp set to create the chicken wire background, stamping it with white chalk ink. The layout for this card is SC434 from Splitcoast.

I cut the main panel from Sweet Tooth cardstock using the Vertical Frame Die-namics (shortening the inner piece as described above). I stamped three of the flowers from Peaceful Wildflowers with versamark ink and heat embossed them with white embossing powder. Then I sponged the main panel first with Lemon Drop Premium Dye Ink, then with Orange Fizz Premium Dye Ink. I love how bright and cheery it is.

I used the Circle 1 STAX Die-namics to cut out the Steel Blue circle then stamped the sentiment from Peaceful Wildflowers and heat embossed it with white powder. I added a strip of Orange Fizz cardstock and a row of rhinestones for a little bling.

On the inside I stamped another wildflower with white chalk ink and added another sentiment from Peaceful Wildflowers using Steel Blue Premium Dye Ink. I used the Dotted Scallop Border Trio Die-namics to cut out the Orange Fizz scallop and added a strip of Steel Blue cardstock for contrast.

Happy shopping!

Here are the supplies I used on the Good Day card:



Here are the supplies I used on the Birthday Wishes card:



Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

9 comments:

Dana White said...

These are beautiful. On the bottom card the yellow tag/flowers would be an awesome iPhone case ;)

zehra said...

I love both cards and the flowers embossed are so cool

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

fabulous colors and designs, love!

Sarah Gough said...

These are great Karen!

Gypsy 2 said...

Fabulous cards Karen.Love the chalk board technique!

wendy said...

2 fabulous creations Karen :)

Lisa H. said...

two beautiful cards, Karen. I adore your custom made backgrounds on the first one....awesome!

Leslie said...

That first card is perfect for me...I'm just saying :)

Jenny said...

Love how you tucked the border into the vertical frame on the first, and then you get to the second card and its BOOM! right in the eye! LOVE it!! so much pop with the yellow and white flowers!