Monday, August 26, 2013

Hello, a Sale, and an Announcement

Phew, I have lots to share in today's post so let me get the housekeeping in order.

In case you haven't heard yet, there's a Virtual Sidewalk Sale going on over in the MFT Boutique. Hooray!!! Select stamp sets and Die-namics are on sale for up to 75% off!!! Wowzers those prices are amazing so hurry on over and pick up a few new goodies. And don't forget about the other ways to save too. All the sale details are in THIS POST on the MFT Blog.

But before you run off to the MFT Boutique, there's a new stamper joining the MFT design team, just in time for Teaser week tomorrow.  But you'll have to hop over to the MFT Blog to find out who it is.

And now, if you're still with me (thank you very much to those who stuck around!) I have a card to share. The challenge this week over at A Random Thursday Challenge is "anything goes" so I created this pretty card for ARTC11.


I saw a cool inlay technique on Jennifer McGuire's blog recently and I thought I'd give it a whirl. Boy she's brilliant with all her fabulous techniques! I started with a Sweet Tooth card base then added a layer of Kraft. For the sentiment along the bottom I used the Happy Hellos Die-namics to cut out the Steel Grey piece, then I cut it out again from Sweet Tooth. I inlayed the white 'hello' into the Steel Grey piece and filled in the loops in the letters with the small grey pieces. I backed the grey layer with some Pink Lemonade which I cut out using the Small Scallop Border Die-namics.

For the flowers on the card I used the Splendid Sunflower set and stamped the flowers onto Smooth White cardstock using Pink Lemonade Premium Dye Ink, Kraft Premium Dye Ink and Steel Blue Premium Dye Ink.

I'm quite pleased with how this card turned out, and as a bonus, it's super flat for mailing.

See you back here tomorrow for day one of MFT Teasers!

Here are the supplies I used:




Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

4 comments:

Lisa H. said...

LOVE this. what a cool way to use that hello Die-namics. I agree, love Jen McGuire's blog and tips.

Cheryl said...

This turned out awesome Karen! Love the colors, and that huge "hello"! Thanks for joining us over at A.R.T. "Anything Goes" challenge! ~Cheryl

wendy said...

SO pretty Karen

Dana White said...

Hello my friend this is gorgeous!!