Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Hooray {MFTWSC138}

It's time to get sketchy with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club and sketch 138.

You'll find all the details about this week's sketch challenge on the MFT Blog, and you could be the lucky winner of some MFT Money just for playing along!


I really stuck to the sketch this week...quite literally...tiny flags and all. I started with a Sweet Tooth card base then added a layer of Bubblegum and a layer of Steel Grey. I stamped the Steel Grey using Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink and the Darling Dots stamp set.

For the main panel I cut out a rectangle of Kraft then chose a sentiment from Birthday Greetings and stamped it with Blu Raspberry Premium Dye ink. I used the Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics and the Fishtail Flags Layers STAX Die-namics to cut out the Blu Raspberry and Banana Split flags then stitched them in place. Along the bottom of the sentiment panel I added a strip of Bubblegum stamped with the small chevrons from Washi Patterns. I finished the sentiment panel by wrapping it with Hemp Cord and adding a Banana Split button.

Along the bottom of the card I used the Simply Scallops Medium Die-namics to cut out the Blu Raspberry scallop then I jazzed it up with some white microfine glitter. There's not a ton of sparkle in this glitter...it's more like a satin look, but I just couldn't do a good job of capturing it in a photo. Sorry!

I hope you'll play along this week and link your creation on the MFT Blog.

Here are the supplies I used:



Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

2 comments:

Lisa H. said...

love this!!!! those dots are awesome. I thought the steel grey was Nightshift blue. what a fun card!

Dana White said...

Awesome card K. The glitter still looks good!!