Sunday, September 8, 2013

Hello, Happy Thanksgiving, and Thank You

Last week was the fabulous September release from My Favorite Things and there are so many amazing new products that the design team is doing a little recap over the next two days. Hop over to the MFT Blog for a list of today's participating designers.

I created three cards for today's Release Rewind and I'll start with my sweet Thanksgiving card.

I didn't have a chance to ink up this adorable little Pure Innocence Cornucopia during the release so she was tops on my list.


I started with a Sweet Tooth card base then added a layer of Berrylicious and Kraft. I inked around the edges of the Kraft layer with Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink for a touch of softness.

I stamped Pure Innocence Cornucopia with Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-Press It Blending Card and coloured her with copic markers. Then I fussy cut around her and adhered her to the Kraft layer with foam tape.

I stamped the sentiment  with Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink.

I wanted to keep this card clean and simple but it needed a little something at the top so I used the Party Banner Die-namics to cut out the Tangy Orange and Orange Fizz banners. I offset them a little to create a shadow effect and stamped the Orange Fizz layer with the small dots from Washi Patterns using Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink.

**********
Next up is an all-occasion card using Mona Pendleton Designs Contemporary Roses (yet another set I didn't have a chance to use during teasers).


I started with a Sweet Tooth card base again then added a layer of Sno Cone. I stamped the sentiment from Contemporary Roses using the new Steel Grey Premium Dye Ink.

Then I used the Contemporary Roses Die-namics to cut out the Smooth White flower and leaves. I stamped the leaves with the new Limeade Premium Dye Ink and the flower was stamped using Pink Lemonade Premium Dye Ink and Cotton Candy Premium Dye Ink for the detail. I added a bit of glitter for sparkle. On the Kraft layer I used the Textile Backgrounds stamp set for the herringbone pattern, stamped with Kraft Premium Dye Ink.

**********
Last, but not least, I have a very quick and clean thank you card.

I started with a Sweet Tooth card base again, then added a layer of Kraft and more Sweet Tooth. I rounded the top corners of each layer with my corner chomper.


Then I used the Thank You Die-namics to cut out the Steel Grey letters and mounted them on foam tape. I used the Faux Crochet Border Die-namics to cut out the Electric Red border then added a sprinkling of sequins to finish it off.

All the new products from the September release are available in the Brand New section of the MFT Boutique.

Here are the supplies I used on the Happy Thanksgiving card:



Here are the supplies I used on the Hello card:



Here are the supplies I used on the Thank You card:




Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

7 comments:

Tracey said...

Wow! Beautiful cards Karen!!

Inge Groot said...

Three fabulous cards Karen!

Lisa H. said...

beautiful cards, Karen. I love that PI, she's sooo sweet. Beautiful details on those other two cards, too. thanks for sharing.

wendy said...

fabulous cards!

zehra said...

Lovely set of cards, I love how u glittered the center of the roses, real neat

Anonymous said...

YOWZA! What a great post Karen! I love all of them! I'm super partial to the little PI girl since I love Fall so much. So fun. Thanks for sharing all this great stuff. :-)

Shirley N said...

Beautiful and very inspiring cards!