Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sweet Sunday Hello

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge SSSC193.

This is a fun sketch with the half circle. I never think to use just a half circle on my own so this was a great jumping off point.

I created an all-occasion 'hello' card using supplies from My Favorite Things.


I started with a Sweet Tooth card base then added a layer of Tangy Orange. I used the houndstooth image from Spring Backgrounds, stamped with Sour Apple Premium Dye Ink, to create the pattern on the Sour Apple vertical strip. The Small Scallop Border Die-namics was perfect to cut out the Sweet Tooth scallops then I stitched them in place. I used the Pierced Circle STAX Die-namics to cut out the Kraft circle then stamped it with Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink using Darling Dots.

The butterfly was cut from Smooth White card stock using the Winged Beauties Die-namics. I stamped the coordinating butterfly from Winged Beauties using Tangy Orange Premium Dye Ink and added some clear rhinestones to the body. I wasn't really crazy about the rhinestones being clear though so I decided to colour them with my YR27 copic marker...perfect!

The 'hello' sentiment is from the Contemporary Roses stamp set. I stamped it onto the Orange Fizz strip with Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink then heat embossed it with white powder.

Here's a shot of the dimension on the butterfly. Instead of bending the wings I curled them up at the body then curled the wing tips down. It was simple to curl them around the handle of my paper piercer.

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's Blog. Now it's time to hop around and see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created.
Dana White (she's taking this week off)
Dawn Easton
Jackie Pedro
Jodi Collins
Lisa Henke
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Melissa Hubert
Sarah-Jane Kalé
Tracy Clemente
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Here are the supplies I used:




Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

10 comments:

Lisa H. said...

soooo pretty. LOVE the polka dotted circle and the gorgeous butterfly (mine just came!). great colors, too.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous honey!!!!

Vicki Burdick said...

Love this Karen, great colors and your stitching is awesome, I am so loving those pierced die-namics!!

Danni said...

Love this!! So pretty!

Tracy said...

How do you do it girlie? You amaze me with every post! This turned out fabulous. I love the colors and how you used the different backgrounds.

Ang said...

Bright and lovely!
Ang

Lori said...

Fabulous! Love the color combination and the polka dotted panel behind the butterfly.

Cindy Lovell said...

So pretty!! Beautiful colors! I love the butterfly!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so beautiful, love how you have used this sketch!

Dana White said...

What a nice bright hello card!!